Visit the RQI Website and join the reconciliation journey
Reconciliation Queensland Inc is a non-profit organisation that has a leading role in promoting a process of reconciliation between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and the wider Queensland community.
Reconciliation Queensland Inc acknowledges and pays respect to Queensland’s past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Our work includes:
• building a better understanding of the true history of Australia’s colonial past, and the impact of that history on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples;
• recognising that past injustice continues to give rise to present injustice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples; and
• identifying what more needs to be done in making changes to bring about equity and justice across Queensland society.
The Role of RQI
Reconciliation Queensland Inc delivers workshops and webinars to inform and educate individuals and communities interested in reconciliation.
We offer support to organisations in the development of their reconciliation action plans and provide links to communities, relevant organisations and where appropriate, we will facilitate links to local Elders.
Our role as a peak body in Queensland is to provide state-wide leadership in working towards reconciliation through education and the development of a deeper understanding of our shared national history.
Our leadership is made visible:
- through the provision of educational resources, and
- engagement in metropolitan and regional areas of Queensland
- providing advice, developing resources, and providing Speakers
- for Conferences, National Reconciliation Week events and NAIDOC Week activities;
- Reconciliation Queensland also hosts regional forums, webinars, events, and activities across the state.